Thursday, October 16, 2008

Reading Backfires.

Before I get into my story, in my last post #1 was true.

When Brian does read he really only reads short stories. For awhile now he has been bothering me to Read H.P. Lovecraft. Have any of you read this stuff before? It's freaking dark. He gave me a compilation of short stories and I started to read the first one, "The Rats in the Walls."

Okay, we have some nice aesthetics and goth like descriptions. A haunting, kitty cats with racist names and a really nice mystery going on. The mystery is revealed! I finished the story, closed the book to never open again and found where Brian was sitting.

"Hey Ash, what's up?"
"What did you make me read you monster!"
*Chokes him.*

Okay I didn't choke him, but he knows I'm capable of it. Seriously, he made me read a book that ends in cannibalism. He knows I don't like that kind of stuff in my books.

I'm kind of glad you fell off the stage at our wedding.

4 comments:

Jidai said...

Oh you liked it! Bowchikawowow!

Ashley said...

he fell off the stage? haha.

I'm not too fond of cannibalism books either...

Thomas said...

When he tries to make you read "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy, don't do it! It's a trick!

JenBun said...

I'm glad too!
SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!