Sunday, October 12, 2008

Bored, so Here I Am.

Brian's watching the Vikings game so my access to my TV shows is cut off. I'm going to take my revenge though, we're going to watch the Packers once his game is done. Rachel tagged me to do a meme, so I'll just do that.

I'm going to tell two stories, one is true and the other is a fabrication.
I decided since Brian didn't give you a real good description of our wedding, that I can use that to my advantage.

#1
We had the reception hall set up so that all the important people, like the parents, best men and the bridesmaids sat on a long table that was on a stage, so we were higher. We were one of the first to get there and we made our way up the stage.

Brian was joking around with one of his friends, tripped and fell off the stage. Thankfully for him, his clumsiness will live forever in our wedding photos. He fell off head first and hit the back of his head on the stage. For a second, we thought that he might have had a concussion, but he told us that it was completely fine.

He had to relive his wedding shame when his best man decided that he should add it to the beginning of his speech. One of those few times in a life time when 200 people are laughing at Brian.

#2
Since Brian has made it clear that his relationship with his parents isn't that great, my mom and I thought we should try to fix that at the wedding. In the end that didn't quite work out the way we thought it would have. We had planned the speeches out for the reception. His parents learned that while my mom and my dad were going to have a speech, they wouldn't. So for about half of the dinner Brian was trying to calm his dad down about not being able to have a speech.

In the end it exploded where Brian asked his parents to leave him alone and pretty loudly. Right in the middle of my friend's speech. It kind of silenced the whole crowd. There was only one person laughing her butt off. My sister in-law who has lived with this her whole life.

She was a little drunk and tried to start a "fight" chant.

Which story is true? Only we know...

Take a guess!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I want #1 to be true since it is something you can look back and laugh at.

I had a similar #2. I wasn't talking to Dan's parents so his family all came but sat out on the terrace for the entire reception refusing to take part in the festivities....

JenBun said...

I'm guessing the first one (pleasepleaseplease, Oh god I will make fun of him FOREVER!), but the second one seems like a possibility, given the history.

Good job tricking us! ;)