Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Free Time.

A few posts ago I said I would make a post about what I do on my free time when I'm alone. Now is the time for the post, especially since I'm pregnant and I have a lot of free time.

- I do a lot of reading. I'm kind of like the foil to Brian, who spends a great deal of time sitting at his computers doing work and watching various things. When Brian helped me move into his apartment I had two big bookcases of books and there wasn't any room for them, so my dad let me keep it in my old room. For awhile it was like my own personal library. Now, I have enough space to have my own reading room. I'm usually really into reading mysteries, but lately I've been getting into history books and of course baby books.

- Sitting around the house in my underwear. I don't do this when Brian is around anymore. It brings out the worst in him.

- Just like Brian, I enjoy napping with the animals.

- Writing. Back when I lived in Minnesota I got a few of my short stories published in local zines. So I try and do a little every day. It's nice living with another writer because it is so rewarding having someone to bounce ideas and get constrictive criticism.

- I'm about two seasons behind all the TV shows I follow. So through Netflix and other sources, I slowly chip my way through them. Right now I'm into the second season of The Office.

- Sleeping, being sick and being moody. This is more of a pregnant thing than a normal thing.

There you have what makes up most of the day when I'm left alone. I'm still a little hampered from doing exercise or anything because of the car crash, but I'll be back to 100% soon enough. That way I can torture Brian at full capacity. Did I say torture? I meant love.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

yay for the office!!

it's good that you're taking the time to relax and take care of yourself with the pregnancy (and accident)...hopefully you're feeling better!!

JenBun said...

You meant torture.

And we love it!! :D

(Haha, my word verification is uptyt. I'm not uptight! Lol!)

Rachel said...

If you don't watch Lost yet I suggest catching up on it. I did that a during a month that I was sick and it was great.

Jidai said...

So that's why you stopped that. I promise to stop getting "handsy" with you if you promise to keep running around in your underwear.

Ashley A. said...

Ashley: I'm feeling a whole lot better, but my arm cast is really itching.

Jenbun: Yeah, I did mean torture. What a good marriage is made up of.

Rachel: I kind of want something Brian and I can watch together, for some reason Heroes and Lost get on his nerves.

Brian: Not going to happen buster.